So you want to start a fitness plan for the upcoming year? Great join the club! getting in shape is the top new years resolution and we are here to help you achieve it! The biggest mistake people make is starting to fast, they go from eating everything they can get their hands on to eating super restricted/only a group of foods(Grilled chicken and spinach diets).
This plan is not a diet, it is a reconstruction of your eating habits. People need to stop using the word diet, because you can go on and off a diet… Start a healthy habit because it is harder to change a habit!
The first step is to find your calorie goal, here are some guidelines to find it:
- Get a calorie tracker for your phone(Android, iPod) or use our web based tracker found on the right hand sit of our site(The orange button)!
- Day 1. Weigh yourself write it down, Track the calories you consume for a normal day of eating.
- Day 2. Consume 100 less calories you consumed on day 1
- Day 3. Consume 100 less calories you consumed on day 2
- Day 4-7. Consume same amount of calories that you consumed on day 3
- Day 8. Weigh yourself, if you are happy with your results… Say you lost 2+ pounds then keep using the same calorie goal as you did on days 3-7 for the following week if not then lower your calorie goal by another 100 for every day of the next consecutive week.
- Week 2->n. Weigh yourself every week, Follow the same rule but try to keep in mind how you are feeling. If you feel to tired, drowsy and fatigued all the time it could be a sign you are not consuming enough! Raise that calorie goal.
This approach is a lot more “realistic” in today’s world. You have to teach yourself how to eat good, but we can’t expect you to do that overnight it just doesn’t make any sense and is why many FAD diets do not succeed.