Sorry to tell you but there is no 1 miracle pill to losing weight and getting in shape. But I like to think there are many tiny miracle pills that can be used to reach your goals. So here is a list that I gathered of tiny miracle pills or tips I have discovered and have been using on my fitness journey:
- Never Ever EVER Skip breakfast.
- Drink at least a gallon of water a day.
- Drink 8oz of water upon waking, before and after meals.
- Go crazy nuts. Nuts are a great source of protein and healthy fats, the high amount of fat is great for keeping you fuller longer. Just watch your serving size and be conscious about how much your eating because calories add up fast with nuts.
- Plan ahead… I like to plan what I am eating for my next 10 meals, this is an extreme approach that drives my loved ones absolutely crazy… Planning your next 2 meals should suffice.
- Its okay to have some salt… okay this is new for me because I always used to say “Salt BAD, don’t put salt on that wtf is wrong with you” but have since been less conscious of my salt intake. Why? because I sweat… a lot its freaking hot here in New York this summer and my sodium levels can reflect that. If you do any activity where you are sweating for a prolonged period of time then I say its okay to pick up the salt shaker you need it. You need to replenish your sodium levels(or lost electrolytes) or else your bodily organs will not function properly.
- Go Greek! Low fat or No fat Greek yogurt packs a heavy protein punch and is a great snack when mid day hunger strikes. Try sweetening it with some splenda add your favorite Natural Peanut Butter or add in some frozen fruits(Blueberries are my favorite).
- Did you say frozen Blueberries? Yea there like a freaking SUPER FOOD Slushy!
- Track it – Track it – Track it, Track your daily calories, your workouts and cardio activities and make sure the estimated calorie burn is greater then the calories you consumed and you will certainly lose weight. How do You track such things? I made a freaking app for you to do it, so start tracking. Click the big orange button! or check out the how to page!